Thursday, August 21, 2008

DENZIL "SASSAFRASS" NAAR







The name is possibly unfamiliar to most but Denzil Naar aka Sassa was the people's promoter back in the days and a wiiiicked poster designer. Over the years I have been trying to track posters of Soundsystem Tapes I own to match the case and the date of the dances in question. Needless to say that it's as tuff as finding mint Kalypso 78's but it still is a very rewarding treasure hunt. Not all posters as are fun as the ones posted here, nor as dynamic, however since I'm pretty much a sucker for Sassa's poster designs I wanted to share with you a few from my personal collection of classic dances. All from 1983. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Black Chiney said...

I am also looking for sassa flyers Maybe we can help each other out. please link me lpwalsh@hotmail.com blesss

Marcia said...

My name is Marcia Campbell Evanson and I am trying to contact Sassa Frass. I can be reached at m.evanson@att.net